Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Refrigerator and Cabinet Toe Kicks

Work is progressing on our kitchen. Our new refrigerator arrived yesterday...isn't she pretty!



Today I am going to be painting the toe kick area of the cabinets. (see the very bottom of the cabinet that is still golden oak) Most people would have just painted it the same color as the cabinets..but I've got to be different. I want to make the standard Kraftmade Cabinets appear more like furniture or at least like custom cabinets. So I'm painting the toe kick area black and then will add legs painted cream to match the cabinets.

This is the look I'm going for. Isn't this a GORGEOUS kitchen?!!! My kitchen makeover won't look that amazing, but it sure will look better and more up to date than it did!!




Well I better get to work. I'll show you how it looks when I get it done.

Have a Great Day!
Darlene

11 comments:

Darlene said...

What a beautiful refrigerator! I think your kitchen is going to look amazing!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see it. That is on my to-do list for this spring. I'll follow your lead! Thanks.

Charla

Judy said...

Can't wait to see your kitchen! I'm still waiting to put the "feet" on my cabinets from last October (I'm a little behind, wouldn't you say?).

BTW, gorgeous kitchen inspiration.

Judy

Terri Steffes said...

Oh yes, I can see what you mean! Gorgeous!

Stacey @ The Blessed Nest said...

Great fridge! We also have a Whirlpool fridge (2 1/2 yrs old) and I love it! I really really really love the idea of making your cabinets look more like furniture! Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Sandra said...

What a terrific idea on you making the cabinets look like furniture! Love it! I look forward to seeing them when they're all finished. :)
Happy Wednesday.
Sandra

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

I love that idea -- I tried doing that with our bathroom vanity and couldn't find any "feet." Can you tell me where you find them if you do? Did you get this kitchen from Rate My Space? I used to LOVE looking at this one (if this is it!)

the pleasures of homemaking said...

The fridge is a beauty! I painted my toe kick area black and I have Kraftmade cabinets as well. I got legs from Kraftmade.

Tara said...

Love the refrigerator and I also love the idea of painting the bottom to look more like custom furniture!!

Made In The South said...

That is such a great idea. Can't wait to get my refrigerator..we have not even ordered it yet. Isn't this kitchen stuff hard work?
Thanks for stopping by. Will be back, can't wait to see how your kick board comes out. Missy

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

I love this idea! It is going to look fabulous in your kitchen! laurie

The Family

The Family