Saturday, May 9, 2009

I Love Being A Mom!


On this Mother's Day I am reflecting on my 2 beautiful daughters. I had my first daughter Aubrie at age 21. She was such a good baby. She sure brought us so much joy. She was our outgoing child...never knew a stranger. She never wanted to take naps or go to bed...she was so afraid that she would miss some fun. When she would spend the night at grandma & grandpa we would have to promise not to have fun without her. At her 9 month check up we found out that she had a hole in her heart. I remember that day like it was yesterday. I was so scared! I was afraid she would'nt live and how could I live without this little girl that I was so deeply in love with! Well after waiting to see if the hole would close on it's own, she ended up having to have open heart surgery at age 23 months. Thank God, she made it through surgery with great success! She is now almost 21 and getting ready to graduate from Nursing School. She is not only beautiful on the outside, but she is even prettier on the inside!

I had my 2nd daughter Callie when I was 29. She looked so much like Aubrie, but different in so many ways. Callie was such an easy baby! She loved playing mommy to all her baby dolls, whereas Aubrie didn't like baby dolls. Unlike Aubrie, Callie loved her naps and putting her to bed was a breeze. All I had to say was Callie close your eyes...and off to sleep she would go. Callie is my shy child, although not shy when she knows you! She is such a good girl that I really never had to spank her (unlike Aubrie..whom had lots of spankings for defiance) Callie would cry if I just gave her "the look." Callie is such a sweet spirit. She doesn't like when anyone exalts themself or her above others. When I would tell her that she was the prettiest in the school program, she would correct me and say, "Mom, that's not nice." What?? I thought I was being nice! This little girl has taught me alot and I'm sure I will continue to learn from this wise little daughter of mine!! She is 12 now and it is a pleasure watching her bloom into a beautiful young lady!

I Love You Girls So Much and Love being Your Mom!!

Oh and thank you to my hubby for making me a mommy!! Love ya!

6 comments:

Velvet and Linen said...

Happy Mother's day, Darlene. Your family is beautiful.
Enjoy!

xo
Brooke

Lauren said...

You have such a wonderful family! You are beautiful inside and out (I'm sure that's where your girls get it!) and I'm so, so glad that we have kept in touch!

Big Hugs! Happy Mother's Day!

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

Such a sweet post! I know you love your girls - they are dolls. Linda

Melissa Miller said...

Happy Mother's Day Darlene!

Your daughters are beautiful. :)

"Create Beauty" said...

Precious children! God Bless you and your sweet family! ~ Violet

Tina said...

Such beauties, all three of you. What a sweet post.
T

The Family

The Family