Sunday, May 3, 2009

Garage Sale Treasures

Rhoda from Southern Hospitality is hosting another "Thrifty Treasures" linky party, so go by and check out what everyone else found this weekend while out thrift shopping & garage saleing.
Hubby and I left the house saturday morning bright and early at 6:30am on saturday to go to a few garage sales.
At our first stop I spotted this woven basket. I loved the shape & mix of colors. I think it would look great with seashells in it, rolled up washcloths, or for even a bread basket. For $1 I couldn't pass it up.

Then at our last stop for the day I bought this pottery set of 2 goblets and pitcher. I'm not sure where I'll use them, but for $2 I figured I would buy it and figure it out later.

At the same garage sale I found this great oil painting and frame. I really just wanted the frame. Although I think the painting is very nice...it just doesn't fit my decor. Oh and the whole thing was only $2.



Come back tomorrow and I'll show you what I did with the frame. UPDATE: Click Here to see the frame metamorphosis.


Hope you found some great treasures this past weekend too!

Darlene

12 comments:

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

That frame is AMAZING! The extra large molding is beautiful. $2...big time score. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

~Amanda

Betty Jo said...

Awesome finds. I can see shells in that basket too. The frame is wonderful and I'm looking forward to see what you do with it. ♥

Dawn said...

I can't wait to see what you do with that frame! It's gorgeous! I love that little basket too.

Hugs from Eventually Cottage!

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Great looking finds, Darlene. I love the jug and goblets!

Tina said...

Super finds for sure!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hey, Darlene, love that basket, that is very unusual. And frames are great from yardsales, I'm always on the lookout for those too. You did good! I'll come back to see what you did with the frame.

Hey, can you make the link back to me "live"? Thanks a bunch!

Debbie said...

I love the basket, I have a thing for baskets too, so versatile. The pitcher set is darling and you can always use a frame, very pretty. Thanks for visiting my blog, come back anytime. Debbie

Michelle said...

Great finds! Garage sales are probably a great place to find some treasures right now. The baskets alone are worth the trip :)

Fun.

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see what you do with it!

Anonymous said...

Hi Darlene. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love your blog photo. That's adorable. Looks like you found some great tresures too. I'm off to look around your blog some more.

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

Lovely frame and picture, and fun basket - good finds for the right price! Linda

the pleasures of homemaking said...

Great finds! I really love that basket and think your idea of filling it with washcloths is great!

Manuela

The Family

The Family