Wednesday, September 30, 2009

21 Years Ago...........

In California on October 1st, 1988 at 5:04AM I gave birth to my first child...Aubrie Jewel.

My first precious gift from God! A baby girl weighing in at 7 lbs 4 oz.

She was PERFECT and I was so HAPPY!

I remember thinking that was the best day of my whole life!

I was so in LOVE!

At her 9 month check up the pediatrician discovered that she had a heart mur mur. I said, "what does that mean?" He said, "well there is 2 kinds, one that you can live with and one you cannot." So I then said, what if it's the bad mur mur?" He replied, "well then she could die" WRONG thing to tell me!!! I left the checkup and balled my eyes out the whole drive home thinking my baby girl was going to die. Just writing this makes me tear up again!


So anyway, after a visit with a pediatric cardiologist we discovered she did have the bad heart mur mur...it was called ASD (Atrial Septal Defect) which is basically a hole in the heart. It is when the oxygenated blood mixes with the unoxgenated blood which causes stress on the heart which causes it to enlarge. The cardiologist hoped the hole in her heart would close on it's own, but it did not. In Sept of 1990 when she was 23 months old she had open heart surgery. This was such a scary time for us, but we had to trust the doctors. Her surgery was at Cedars Sinai in California which is known for being a really good hospital. She did awesome in the surgery and was home within 1 week.


Now today, Oct. 1st 2009 it is her 21st birthday and I have to say I am so proud to call her my daughter! She has grown into such a beautiful woman!! It is obvious she is beautiful looking, but she is even prettier on the inside!

Here's to you Aubrie....California's Jewel and our Jewel!




















Happy 21st Birthday Aubrie!!



We LOVE you!!

Thank you God for Blessing Us with Aubrie!

Please continue blessing her, keeping her safe and in your will!

11 comments:

Debbie said...

You do have a beautiful daughter. My oldest is now 27 years old, but I did'nt go through anything like that with her, but she has a 7 month old little boy, who was born with a heart condition, and its just like going through it with her. But isn't the Lord wonderful, how he shines through it all. Happy Birthday Aubrie!

Debbie

Unknown said...

Beautiful daughter, beautiful words, and beautiful mother!

Darlene said...

She is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! What a scary time when she was a baby. What a blessing she is now. Happy Birthday Aubrie!!!

Sadie said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful Aubrie! :)

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

What a sweet post about your beautiful daughter...please tell her HAPPY BIRTHDAY from Coastal Charm! Come by and visit sometime.

Blessings,
Linda

Roeshel said...

She's beautiful. Your post had me tearing up. My first child, Bri, will be 21 in January. Time does fly by.

Happy Birthday Aubrie!

:)
Roeshel

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

Beautiful daughter! Happy Birthday!

ShanaM said...

happy birthday to Aubrie

Melissa Miller said...

~Happy 21st Birthday Aubrie!
You are a gorgeous lady just like your Mom!

Darlene thank you so much for my beautiuful new rug! I am in love with it! It's just so stunning!
I'll do a new post about it soon.

Many Blessings and Happy Fall!
~Melissa :)

Tina said...

What a wonderful story of victory. Thank you Jesus!
What a beauty you have. Daughters are precious and I'm sure yours is giving much to her world. A treasure.
T

Tardevil said...

What a sweet post! I'm sure you are very proud of her! I hope she had a wonderful 21st birthday!

The Family

The Family