2008 started with a bedroom redo for our youngest daughter. It was a surprise for her 11 birthday. Her bedroom wasn't bad looking before, she just wanted a change. It went from a Hawaiian Surf theme with bunkbeds to this:
SW Sassy Green paint on the walls. She wanted a canopy, but due to low slanted ceiling it was not possible...so I used swivel curtain rods on the side of the bed to give the bed some drama that she wanted. We bought her a full size bed but the posts were brown (we needed them black) so out came the trusty black spray paint. All of her pine furniture was primed & painted black as well. Oh and see that rug by her bed...we made it! If you want one like it or any custom rug, contact us.
Knobs of the desk and all her furniture was handpainted by me in a zebra stripes. Oh and that chair at the desk we recovered with zebra fabric. The pencil holder was a large soup can or something like that which was transformed to match the room. See that trash can, couldn't leave that plain...painted the wicker trash can and hot glued hot pink feather boa to the rim for added glam!I wish I could say I sewed the window seat cushion, but I'm not the best seamstress so I hired a lady to make the window seat cushions, but I did manage to make the pillow on the left from a top sheet I bought off of ebay that went with the bedding. The zebra pillow we scored at a garage sale for $3.
We found the original artwork from a art gallery while vacationing in Destin, FL. It was on sale for $30 completely matted & framed!! What a deal!!
Could'nt let the mirror on the back of the door go without some glam! Hot glued 2 hot pink feather boas to the frame of the mirror.
We started working on remodeling/updating our kitchen last year, but because we got so busy with our custom rug business we didn't get much accomplished. We are now back to work on it and hopefully will finish the kitchen spring of 2009!!
Here is the kitchen before:
We stripped the wallpaper and painted the walls SW Clary sage. Sanded the cabinets, primed, sanded some more, primed some more, painted them a cream color, sanded between coats, and painted some more. Then I added a mocha color glaze and sealed with a polyurethane.
Here is a section where the cabinets are finished. Hubby will be adding moulding around the cabinets as well as installing crown moulding. Oil rubbed bronze door knobs were added. Oh and we added hidden hinges on every cabinet door. Yeah...no more unsightly exposed hinges!
Under cabinet lighting was installed. Hubby will be finishing the edge off with trim.
Decided to add something unexpected to a few cabinets so removed the cabinet doors from the cabinets above the refrigerator & microwave and put in baskets.
We will be ripping out the tile on the counters and adding a mahogany stained butcherblock, a new sink & faucet and a stainless steel refrigerator to match all of our other stainless appliances.
Last year our oldest daughter decided that she wanted her bedroom redone for her 20th birthday too. Her room before wasn't bad at all, she just wanted a change. I don't have a photo of before, but here is after;
Added these pretty door handles to her closet doors, but first painted them black & dry brushed on whie to bring out the details.
I added photos of some of the caribbean islands we've been to and added one of Bora Bora (that's where she wants to go on her honeymoon...someday) Made sure all the photos had the aqua color to match her room.
Armoire was painted black and I added crystal knobs.
Found some aqua tassels and found a seashell and with some hot glue added the two and ...voila..a seashell tassel.