Monday, August 31, 2009

My Hardwood Floors

I found the hardwood floors friday after looking for the past week. It will be installed in our Living Room/Dining Room combo and in my 20 yr old daughter's bedroom. It is by Shaw which they said was bought from Anderson and said it is the cadillac of the engineered hardwood floors. It is called Vicksburg and the color is called Harvest. The wood is Hickory. They said it is handscraped and distressed by prisoners so no two boards are the same.






Now our entry is only about 4'x4' and currently tile...wondering if I should rip out the tile & have the entry done in the hardwood as well? How will engineered hardwood do in an entry??


It won't be installed for probably another 3-4 weeks but I'll be sure to show you how it looks in my home when it gets installed. I've never had hardwood so I'm excited!

Darlene

4 comments:

Tootsie said...

it's a beauty!!! have fun!

"Blossom" said...

Yes, I would carry this hardwood into the entry. Very pretty floors.

Kelly @ Much To Do With Nothing said...

I love handscraped. These you've picked are gorgeous. We just had bamboo put in the whole first floor, and it's the most exhausting thing to go through. We had to move everything in the house. All to one side, then ALL to the other side. Heavy stuff. But it was worth it. I can't wait to see your finished pics!
Kelly

Jacob Martin said...

The entry was is going to have the most traffic throughout the house. It would be a good idea to to leave the tile which should hole up better against the heavy traffic. Hardwood will take you more effort to maintain. Your flooring looks great!!!

The Family

The Family