Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Have a Seat...Stay a While

Good Morning!
Thank you for coming back to visit! I just love my blog friends, old and new! So let me show you my friends the chairs I chose for the breakfast nook. I think they will look stunning with my baskets, don't you?

There were some amazing reviews on this chair and everyone said how sturdy it was and comfortable. I bought 2 as that is all the breakfast nook seats. I'll show you the breakfast nook as soon as it is finished. I can tell you that the pedestal will be painted cream with a subtle mocha like the cabinets and the top will be a walnut or mahogany stained butcherblock.

I have had a traditional golden oak clawfoot pedestal table and some very country looking chairs in my dining room. I like the table but have never liked the chairs. They just weren't my style, but for some reason I still bought them 14 yrs ago. Anyway to update...I plan on painting the base of the table black and then staining the top with MinWax Gel Stain in Mahogany and topped with glass. I hope to get to it this week. Goodbye, golden oak!! So sorry to see you go....NOT!!
Since I was in a chair buying mode, I went ahead and bought 4 of these chairs in the mushroom color for the table. They got great reviews too. They said they are very well made and comfy!


When we put the leaf in the table (christmas & thanksgiving) we will pull in the woven chairs from the breakfast nook and use them at the heads of the table.

If you want to know where the chairs were purchased, just let me know. I can also tell you how to save 25%!

God Bless!
Darlene

4 comments:

Darlene said...

It all sounds like it is going to be beautiful! Love your new chairs especially those top woven looking ones. I can't wait to see it all together.

"Blossom" said...

Darlene,
Those chairs are awesome. Please tell us where you purchased them.
Are you using two of these and two others are all of them like the first photo?
blossom

Unknown said...

I love both the new chairs....the woven and the mushroom colored ones. That's really cleaver to mix and match them so when you have a holiday meal they all work together. Did anyone ever tell you that you're a genius!

Can't wait to see the completed project. :)

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Darlene, those are great looking chairs, I'm sure you'll enjoy them. I can't remember if you painted your cabinets or if they were already white?

Great idea on putting the chicken & peppers in the crockpot, I use it a lot for other things, but usually do those fajitas at the last minute.

The Family

The Family