Monday, May 16, 2011

Trash to Treasure

My daughter rescued this table from the trash when she worked at Bath & Body Works a couple years ago. She knew she could make it pretty and could use it as a dining table when she moved out.








She sanded off all the blue paint, primed the base/legs and put a couple coats of white paint on it. The top of the table was cracked so her dad glued and clamped it back together. Then she decided to apply a stain to the top. It is rough sawn wood so very rustic but that is the exact look she wanted. I think it came out great! She loves it too! We just moved her into her apartment this past week and had fun setting her table.






What do ya think? Kinda pottery barn-ish?? Not too bad for FREE, huh?! Well maybe she spend $10 on paint & stain. Still not too bad!

3 comments:

Ldy ~~ Dy said...

Hello Darlene,
I found your blog by way of Kristen's. The table caught my eye. Your daughter did a terrific job on it! Looks beautiful! I notice you are from Arkansas, I hope you and yours are safe from the scary weather. I just moments ago spoke to a girlfriend in Tennessee. She said they are in for a rough night! Take care. You have a new follower!

Stacey said...

I think it looks great! Love the end chairs too. Nice job!

Unknown said...

Just found your blog! Love your stories... and this table is incredible. Thank you for sharing your creative life.
xo

The Family

The Family