Friday, October 1, 2010

Garage Sale Furniture Makeover


During the summer I shared with you something my daughter bought at a garage sale for her apartment for when she moves out next May. May is when she finished her RN degree so she has been stocking up on stuff for her apartment.

So to recap...this is what she bought and how it looked BEFORE.





Then she painstakingly sanded and sanded, then sanded some more. Then primed it, and painted it.



She chose this stunning aqua & cream waverly fabric to cover the cushion in....but she got busy and never called the upholsterer to do it. Yeah, I know it's probably an easy upholstery job...but we don't sew.




So for her birthday I decided to have it done for her.


Today was her 22nd birthday...so her completed garage sale stool was unveiled today.






And.....She LOVED it!



Happy 22nd Birthday my sweet daughter! Your stool will look fabulous in your new place when you leave the nest!!

4 comments:

Angela said...

The tranformation is amazing! Nothing I do comes out that nice. Great job!

katskraps4kids said...

It looks really beautiful! & how sweeet of you to have it upholstered for her- I don't sew either so IKWYM- I am really excited to see how her place looks when y'all get done cuz it seems that it will be a showplace of all your talent & creativity!

Angela said...

I enjoy your blog. I have been following for a while. Your family is beautiful and I enjoy your writings. I have a dilemma today though. I have recently viewed a blog post, made a mental note to go back to it, then forgot which blog I was on. So, my question is have you recently posted a blog about a new rug in your kitchen? Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Money well spent it looks great and I love the material your daughter picked out....

Happy Birthday to her...

Kathy :)

The Family

The Family