Friday, March 20, 2009

Getaway Weekend

It's official...Spring Break is here!

Both of our girls are ready for a week away from school, homework, tests, and clinicals (our 20 yr old daughter is in nursing school). Our oldest is going with a group of friends to Panama, FL....yikes! I'm not thrilled about this...please pray for her safety!!!

So we didn't want our little one (our 12 yr old daughter) to feel left out so we have planned a getaway weekend to Branson, Mo. She is very excited! Pray that we have nice weather! We are staying at a resort on the lake and they have alot of fun lake activities.


Here's a photo of a creative building on the main strip in Branson, it is the Ripley's Believe It Or Not Museum.

Then the rest of the week we are going to make our bird bath that I blogged about a couple weeks ago and do some other fun things together....so I will not post much next week as I want to really concentrate on spending time with my precious baby girl!! Ok, she's not a baby anymore, but to me she will always be my baby!

Have a Super Weekend and a Wonderful Spring Break!

Darlene

8 comments:

Lisa said...

I love Branson. We try to go once a year,usually to Silver Dollar City. Last year we went to Celebration City,had a blast. If you haven't been there you should take yur daughter, the fireworks at the end of the night are WONDERFUL! Stay safe and have fun!

Shannon said...

Thanks for the Cracker Barrel tip! I'll have to make a special trip there because someone else told me about those too! :)

Tina said...

Oh sounds so fun Darlene. Prayers for your girl and for good weather. That building is a hoot. Love it.
Enjoy Spring Break
Blessings
T

Tootsie said...

have fun...be safe and see you when you get back!

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Darlene...

Ohhh...how fun! So happy for you and your family, my friend! I am praying now, even as I type for great weather in Branson for ya'll! Have a wonderful time...take some pics, Sweetie!!!

Warmest wishes,
Chari

Kristens Creations said...

Hi Darlene, Shoot! I wish we could have met. I'm glad you liked the Noah musical. We almost went but my friend said it was really long and her kids got bored. I think we will go next time for sure! We've been to the Dixi Stampede, it really is neat and I loved the food too. I wonder if your talking about the Branson Landing? There is also an outlet mall I went to while the boys were at the Titanic, it's behind Krispy Kreme doughnuts. That's the only 2 I know of. We stayed at Still Waters Resort a few years ago with my parents. It's really nice. Glad you had a great time! Kristen

Kristens Creations said...

I still wonder if it's the Branson Landing. There is a Hilton Promenade that is down there and I think it is above some of the shops. There's a Bass Pro Shop at the begining and it's a pretty new area, but it's built in the older part down by the river. I would love to know if this is what they are talking about. I did just think of another area, it's behind the Hard Luck Diner on the 76. There's a huge Christmas shop and lots of other really neat shops. I really wanted to go in them this time, but we ran out of time.

I have a pic of the Landing on my post.

Lisa said...

My daughter called me last night to tell me her and her hubby are going to Branson for their 1 yr ann. and she was saying Celebration City had closed down. That's so sad....I thought about you and your family when she told me. :)Lisa

The Family

The Family